Once traveling to Vietnam, you will soon realize that 30 days is not enough to discover all hidden charm in this beautiful country. And therefore, you maybe want to have a longer stay by extending your visa Vietnam. Follow our guide to know how to do it.
So what is visa extension and visa renewal?
Visa extension is an action that is applied for foreigners who wish to prolong their current stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp that is sticked on your passport indicating your new date of exit.
Note: It’s good for single entry only
Visa Renewal also let foreigner prolong their stay in Vietnam without leaving the country, almost the same as visa extension. By this action, you will get a new visa sticker and new visa stamp with the new duration. And for that reason, the fee for renewing visa is always higher than for extending a visa.
- If you’re in these lucky 24 countries, you will be offered visa exemptions ranging from 14 to 90 days. Let’s check if you are on the list in this link: https://www.vietnamvisa.org.vn/how-to-apply-visa-vietnam/.
What documents must I prepare to apply for visa extension/renewal in Vietnam?
You need to make sure your original passport meet the 2 following conditions:
- Must be valid at least 06 months from the time of renewal/extension
- Has at least 02 blank page
How to extend a visa in Vietnam?
It depends on your convenience, you can go apply directly at Vietnam immigration departments with needed documents or through a truth travel agency such as Vietnamvisa.org.vn
In case you choose visa service providers, you just only need to follow 3 main steps mentioned in the link above without the hassle of procedure (if you’re lucky enough to choose a right company). I have found a case of an Australian which extended his visa through a company called Eviva. He completed all the process without doing anything except bringing his passport! It’s easy right?
Address of Vietnam immigration departments:
I will note here in case you need it:
- Vietnam immigration office in Ha Noi: 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Vietnam immigration office in Da Nang: No 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- Vietnam immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City: No 161 Nguyen Du, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
How about the cost and duration?
The cost and length to extend Vietnam visa will base on your original visa as well as the duration you want to extend. You can take the reference fee the below information:
|3 months visa||Duration for extension||Extension fee (USD)|
|1 month (single)||65|
|2 months (single)||165|
|3 months (single)||260|
Must remember that if you passed days since the expired date of your visa, you have to pay the fine, check the reference of the fine here: https://www.vietnamvisa.org.vn/what-is-the-administrative-penalty-for-overstay-in-vietnam/