Mai Chau – Pu Luong Trekking Tour 4 days/ 3 nights
Explore the hill villages of the Mai Chau – Pu Luong region and meet friendly hilltribes
Escape the beeping horns and bustling bikes of Hanoi by venturing out into the serene Mai Chau & Pu Luong nature reserve. Make the acquaintance of curious locals and learn about their lifestyle and culture by staying in their house. Snack on weird and wonderful delicacies, and discover a slice of rural paradise while cycling through remote villages and along paths that border spectacular rice paddies.
Destinations: Ha Noi – Mai Chau – Sai Village – Kho Muong Village – Ban Hin Village – Pho Doan market – Ha Noi
- Escape to the mountains near Mai Chau
- Fill up on delicious Vietnamese treats
- Spend time getting to know the friendly locals
- Trek through stunning hillside villages
- Learn about customs of the White Thai minority group
- Trek through pristine rural vistas
- Best time for trekking from April to June and August to December.
- Boots/sport shoes, headlights, clothes, sleeping bag, hat, camera, binoculars, insect repellent, etc required.
- Personal first-aid kit including medication for common ailments such as headaches, dysentery etc., moleskin, antiseptic cream, surgical tape, band aids, sun cream and medicines
- Hike in a group. Always have at least one other person with you if you are going on low-traffic trails or be accepting of the risk you take in having no one able to aid you.
- Drink often to stay hydrated. Carry enough water for the day and your pack will get lighter as the day wears on.
- Maximum no of pax for this tour should be around 10 people.
DAY 1: HANOI – MAI CHAU – SAI VILLAGE (-/-/-)
Depart from your Hanoi hotel at 7:00 am transferring to Mai Chau. Upon arrival at Pom Coong village in Mai Chau, we will take a short walk to visit the ethnic Thai people, then lunch will be served at local home. We will then leave Mai Chau for a short ride along the Ma River (22km) to Sai village. Off the bus and off the beaten path, we begin our trek to Duom and Hang villages. For 2.5 hours we will trek through outstanding mountain scenery and picturesque rice paddies, see hand-crafted bamboo water wheels, and talk with the lovely local people. Spend the night in a local Thai family’s traditional home on stilts. They will be our hosts for the night and you will have the opportunity to share stories about your lives and cultures. Stay overnight with the Thai people in their house on stilt.
DAY 2: HANG – EO KEN – PA BAN – KHO MUONG VILLAGE (B/-/-)
The daily life here starts early, it will be interesting for you to get up at the first sign of day light and take part in the activities in the morning, or take a stroll around Hang village before having breakfast with our new Thai friends. Start trekking at 8:00 am. Today we will be walking for an approximately 5 to 6 hours. The first section is hard with some steep climbs and stream crossings. The second stage is glorious with beautiful views of the valley, rice terraces, rich rain forests, and meandering streams. Picnic lunch on the way at Eo Ken village. Arrival in Kho Muong village is always special as the setting of the village is perhaps the most beautiful in Vietnam, nestled between steep karst mountains with rice terraces in the afternoon sun. Spend our second night nearby in a typical Thai stilt house in Kho Muong village.
DAY 3: KHO MUONG – BAN PON – BAN NUA – BAN HIN VILLAGES (B/-/-)
The sounds of village life will tell you that morning has arrived. Breakfast then trek to Hin village (5 – 6 hours). On this route we will encounter some steep climbs and more stream crossings. Along the way we will visit an incredible cave, only recently discovered, now protected by the Forest Rangers. The trekking will become more and more remote although one is never that far from a villager tending their fields. Pass steep limestone mountains and curiosity conjuring caves, through the dense rain forests all inside the borders of the Pu Luong Nature Reserve and onto Nua village. After this tough trek, there is nothing more refreshing then dunking yourself in a cool stream. Surely you will not be the only one taking part in some of the fun of stream bathing.
Afternoon, continue to Hin village of the Thai people. We will be welcomed as honored guests. Spend the time with them. Then free time for you to learn more about the traditional custom and culture here. Overnight at local homestay in Him Village.
DAY 4: BAN HIN – BAN TRINH – BAN CAO – PHO DOAN MARKET (B/-/-)
After breakfast, continue 2-hour trek through rice fields, village to get to Pho Doan Market. Then drive back to Canh Nang. Afternoon go back to Ha Noi by car. Tour ends at your hotel around 16: 00.
- Prices are subjected to change without prior notice
- Depending on the weather, road and/or river conditions, flight schedules, room availability or other reasons beyond our control, the tour program might need small adjustments when necessary.
All these above rates included:
- 03 nights home stay in Thai village
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Sightseeing and entrance fee as per the mentioned itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
All these above rates not included:
- Travel insurance, visa fee to Vietnam.
- International airfares and airport taxes at all routes.
- Domestic flights
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for guide & driver
- All the things are not mentioned in the program such as bar, telephone, laundry bills.
Child Policy for land tour:
- Child from 0-5 years (sharing all services): Free of charge.
- Child from 6-11 years (without bed): = 50% adult fare.
- Child from 6- 11 years (with bed): = 75% adult fare.
- Child from 12 years up: = 100% adult fare.
Child Policy for airfare:
- Child under 2 years: 10% airfare of adult
- Child from 2 – under 12 years: 75% airfare of adult.
- Child from 12 years up: = 100% adult fare.
- 01 F.O.C pax will be applied for group from 16-30 pax up (maximum 02 F.O.C for group)
- F.O.C pax based on twin or double sharing accommodation without airfare.
All bookings requested during Chinese New Year will be added 10%
All confirmed bookings whether cancelled, amended, postponed, delayed or similar will be treated under the company’s cancellation policy.
- Greater than 30 days prior to departure 30% of full amount
- Between 29 days and 15 days prior to departure 50% of full amount
- Between 14 days and 07 days prior to departure 100% of full amount